On 29th June 2018 CBDT the Govt of Direct tax issued new way to apply PAN and Get E PAN as earlier as possible Time at Free of COST
Instant e-PAN allotment (Beta version) in near to real time is available free of cost for limited period. Individuals (other than minors) with a valid Aadhaar number (with updated Mobile number) can avail the e-PAN allotment facility.
What are the Prerequisites ?
Applicant already having PAN should not apply for e-PAN.
The e-PAN facility is ONLY for resident Individuals (Except Minors and others covered u/s 160 of Income Tax Act, 1961) and not for HUF, Firms, Trusts, and Companies etc.
Active Mobile number linked with Aadhaar to receive Aadhaar OTP (One Time Password). To verify the registered mobile number in Aadhaar, please visit UIDAI portal (Verify mobile number / email at Aadhaar).
e-PAN is generated using the particulars available in Aadhaar. Details such as Name, Date of Birth, Gender, mobile number and address in Aadhaar is not correct or not updated, please update the same in UIDAI prior applying e-PAN.
How to apply for e-PAN ?
- Go to https://www.incometaxindia.gov.in
- 1st of All you have to enter the Title , First name , Middle Name and Surname/Last Name as per the Aadhaar issued by UDI.
- Enter the latest data into the forms.
- Abbreviations/Initials in Aadhaar name are not permitted in the First and the Last name/Surname.
- To avail e-PAN, details given in Aadhaar should exactly match with applicant’s full name, date of birth and gender as is mentioned in on-line PAN application form.
- SUBMIT the Form.
- Then System send Authentication OTP to registered Mobile Number.
- Once Aadhaar e-KYC is successful based on Aadhaar OTP, the process of e-PAN application will be initiated.
- To apply for e-PAN, applicant needs to upload the scanned copy of the signature on a white paper in the specification given below:-
Resolution – 200 DPI
Type – Color
File type – JPEG
Size – Max. 10 KB
Dimension – 2X4.5 cm (Only the Signature to be scanned)
- This is paper-less facility therefore no physical documents are required to be sent by the PAN applicant.
How to generate Acknowledgement ?
- After successful filing of e-PAN application, a 15 digit acknowledgement number will be generated and sent to the mobile number/email ID mentioned in the application form.
How to Download e-PAN ?
Once the e-PAN is successfully allotted, the applicant will receive the SMS/eMail alert. e-PAN may be downloaded in e-Filing Portal by clicking on Instant e-PAN –> “Check Instant e-PAN Status” . Acknowledgement number and Mobile OTP (OTP will be sent to the mobile number as provided in the application form) will be validated to download the e-PAN.
Some Important FAQ as under
1. Is e-PAN a valid proof of allotment of PAN?
2.How Aadhaar is verified during the process of e-PAN?
Answer:OTP based Aadhaar e-KYC will be carried out.
3.What should I do if I haven’t received my OTP?
Answer:You can regenerate OTP by resubmitting the Aadhaar e-KYC.
4.How many times OTP can be generated?
Answer:Any number of time.
5.During e-KYC, my Aadhaar authentication is rejected. Why? How can this problem be resolved? Who shall be contacted in this case?
Answer:There may be many reasons for rejection of Aadhaar authentication such as wrong OTP, difference between name, gender, date of birth and address fields in PAN application and Aadhaar. Problem can only be solved once there is no difference in PAN application and Aadhaar. Please update the necessary correction in UIDAI.
6.First name in Aadhaar is written in initials. But PAN application does not allow initials. Will the e-KYC be successful or will it get rejected. In this scenario, is the taxpayer required to get changes done in Aadhaar?
Answer:Aadhaar e-KYC will get rejected, PAN applicant need to update the changes in Aadhaar.
7. Can a different address other than that on the Aadhaar card be selected for
dispatch of PAN Card?
Answer:No physical PAN card will be issued, Only e-PAN PDF can be downloaded in e-Filing portal after successful allotment of PAN.
8.How do I check my status of instant PAN application?
Answer:A 15 digit acknowledgement number will be generated when the on-line PAN application is successfully submitted. This 15 digit acknowledgement number can be used to check status in e-Filing Portal.
9. What is the time duration for receiving the PAN card applied through e-KYC?
Answer:Intimation of allotment of PAN will be given to PAN applicant through SMS and email. e-PAN will be issued in the shortest possible time after allotment of PAN, and can be downloaded through e-Filing portal by providing the acknowledgement number and the OTP.
10. What if my mobile number is different from the mobile number registered on UIDAI?
Answer:Please update the active mobile number in Aadhaar and after successful update, apply for e-PAN.