Important Short name Used in GSTR 4
- UIN – Unique Identification Number
- UQC – Unit Quantity Code
- HSN – Harmonised System of Nomenclature
- SAC – Services Accounting Code
- POS – Place of Supply of Goods or Services or both
- B2B – From one registered person to another registered person
- B2C – From registered person to unregistered person
Part 1 to Part 3 – General Information
- GSTIN:- Every Taxpayer gets a state-wise PAN-based 15 digit Goods and Services Taxpayer Identification Number (GSTIN) from the Government. It must be noted that the identification of the taxpayer will be automatically filled at the time of filing return in coming future
- Legal Name of the Registered Person and Trade name (if any):- The taxpayer name will automatically fill time of filing the returns at GSTN portal
- Annual Turnover in the preceding Financial Year:- A taxpayer will be required to fill all the information only for the first time of filing and after then it will be automatically updated in the succeeding years
Part 4 – Inward supplies including supplies on which tax is to be paid on reverse charge
- Inward supplies received from a registered supplier (other than supplies attracting reverse charge), the information will be auto-populated from the provided by the supplier in GSTR-1 and GSTR-5. Inward supplies received from a registered supplier (attracting reverse charge- this information will be automatically filled from the information provided by the supplier in GSTR-1, inward supplies received from an unregistered supplier and Import of service. It must be noted that all inward supplies to a composition will auto-filled here
Amendment in Above is also available in different section
Part 5 – Amendments to details of inward supplies furnished in returns for earlier tax periods in Table 4 [including debit notes/credit notes and their subsequent amendments]
- It will include amendment information mentioned in earlier tax periods and also original amended of debit or credit note received, rate- wise. Place of supply to be mentioned in case if the same is different from the location of the recipient. While providing the information of original debit /credit note, the details of invoice must be provided in starting three columns, whereas, providing revision of the details of original debit /credit note shall be provided in the first three columns of this Table
Part 6 – Tax on outward supplies made (Net of advance and goods returned)
- Under this section, you will be to provide the details of outward supplies which includes advance and net of goods returned during the current tax period
Part 7 – Amendments to Outward Supply details furnished in returns for earlier tax periods in Table No. 6
- Under this section, you will be able to rectify the incorrect details you provided in Table 6 in previous returns
Part 8 – Consolidated Statement of Advances paid/Advance adjusted on account of receipt of supply.
- Under this, details of advance paid relating to reverse charge supplies and if you paid taxes on them, adjustments against invoices issued to be mentioned in Table 8
Amendment in Above is also available
Part 9 – TDS Credit received
- TDS (Tax Deduct at Source will be auto-filled in Table 9
Part 10 – Tax payable and paid
- Under this section, you will be to provide the details of Integrated Tax, Central Tax, State/UT Tax and cess tax amount payable as well tax amount paid
Part 11 – Interest, Late Fee payable and paid
- This section for those taxpayers who have not paid the taxes timely
Part 12 – Refund claimed from Electronic cash ledger
- If in case the tax liability of the composition dealer is below than the TDS deducted, he can get a refund of balancing amount. The amount which is available for refund will auto-filled under this section
Part 13 – Debit entries in cash ledger for tax /interest payment [to be populated after payment of tax and submissions of return]
How to File GSTR-4
1. Access the https://gst.gov.in/ URL. The GST Home page is displayed
2.Click the Services > Returns > Returns Dashboard command.
3.The File Returns page is displayed. In the Financial Year drop-down list, select the financial year for which the return has to be uploaded.
4.In the Return Filing Period drop-down list, select the return filing period for which the return has to be uploaded.
5.Click the SEARCH button and Get Your Return Board.
6.Enter the values for “Aggregate Turnover for preceeding financial year” and “Aggregate Turnover – April to June, 2017” and click the SAVE button
7.Online ‘Preview’ for validation of summary details is critical to ensure all details required to be declared for selected Return period have been successfully processed on GST portal. Check the ‘Preview’ and submit only once assured for completeness of summary available in ‘Preview’. In case of any deviation from expected summary details; please upload a new JSON on GST Portal. You can also download the preview to verify at your convenience
You can match these values with the summary generated in the GSTR4 Offline Tool and your accounting records to ensure correct upload of invoice data.
8. Select the declaration Checkbox and click the SUBMIT button
9.Pop-up appears on the screen, click the PROCEED button
10.Submit request may take few seconds. Click the refresh button on top.
Once the user clicks on Submit, no change will be allowed later.
11. The status will be changed to SUBMITTED
12.Once GSTR4 is submitted, Click the tile “10,11- Tax, interest, Late Fee Payable and paid”.
13.Click CASH LEDGER BALANCE to check the available balance in Cash Ledger.
14.Click the UTILIZE CASH button to utilize cash ledger balance and adjust with the tax, interest and late fee.
15.Once Liability offset is successful, proceed with Filing.
16.Details of Debit entries in cash ledger for tax/ledger can be seen at Portal
17.Click the FILE RETURN button