GST E Way Bill registration or enrollment is an easy procedure on Indian Government official portal (ewaybill.nic.in) as we have described a very simple manner. To generate GST e way bill, there are certain steps which have to be followed by the taxpayers. To generate the GST e-way bill, it is mandatory to register on the e-way bill portal.
The businesses have to be registered and have to prepare GST e way bill every time they transport goods above the value of Rs. 50,000. There are various e-way bill validity period and distance meter which the Govt. had authorized for the transportation of the goods. Finally after the decision of rolling out GST e-way bill across the nation, there are provisions and steps available on the complete GST e-way bill system and generating methods.
There are 3 types of taxpayers under the GST e-way bill system:
- Registered Suppliers
- Registered/Unregistered Transporters
- Unregistered Suppliers
What is Required to Register for GST E Waybill?
- GSTIN of the registered taxpayer/ transporter, if registered
- Registered Mobile number with the GST system
Steps to GST E Way bill Registration for “Registered Suppliers “:
All the registered persons under GST shall also register on the portal of e-way bill namely: http://ewaybill.nic.in using his GSTIN. Once GSTIN is entered, the system sends the OTP to his registered mobile number and after authenticating the same, the system enables him to generate his/her username and password for the e-way bill system. After generation of username and password of his choice, he/she may proceed to make entries to generate e-way bill. Here is the step by step procedure for registration under the GST e-way bill portal of taxpayers/registered transporters:
Step 1: Visit the e-Way Bill (ewaybill.nic.in) portal.
Step 2: Click on ‘e-Way Bill Registration’ link available on the right-hand side.
Step 3: Enter the GSTIN and the captcha code -> Click on ‘Go’ button
Step 4: Generate an OTP and verify the same
The screen will pop up after the process:
After checking the auto-filled details, Click on ‘Send OTP’ button. Enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number and verify the same by clicking on the verify OTP button.
Step 5: Create a new User ID and Password
- Enter the new User ID and set a password of personal choice.
- The system validates and pops up a message if there is an error in the details entered by you.
- Once all the details are correctly filled, User ID and password will be created.
GST E-way bill Registration Steps for GST “Registered/ Unregistered Transporters “
There is a requirement of registration for unregistered transporters in case:
- a) Value of consignment value of goods of a single supplier exceeds Rs 50,000/-
- b) Value of all the goods in a vehicle through which goods are transported exceeds Rs 50,000/-
What is the Meaning of Transporter ID?
- The transporter ID comes when the transporter is unregistered but the consignment value is above INR 50,000/-. The GST e-way bill has to be generated with a transporter ID. The unregistered transporters will be given transporter ID and this ID is to be mentioned on all the GST e-way bill.
After the registration on e-way bill portal, there will be two outcomes:
- A unique transporter ID
- Unique username for operating e-way bill portal
Steps to Register Under E-way Bill for GST Unregistered Transporters:
Step 1: Visit the e-Way Bill Indian government official portal (ewaybill.nic.in)
Step 2: Click on ‘Enrolment for transporters’ link given on the right-hand side of the page
Step 3: Enter the details in the Application at points 1-9 and Click ‘Save’
Points on the Application u/s 35(2)’ in GST ENR-01:
- Select Your State*
- Details to be Entered
- a) Enter Name as per PAN*
- b) Enter Trade name if any
- c) Enter your PAN*
- Type of Enrolment*:
Note: After PAN validation, the system will find any error or mismatch and will proceed after rectifying.
- Please fill details at point 1 and 2.
- Choose the relevant type- warehouse/godown/cold storage/transport service
- Constitution of business*:
- Select the relevant business form from the drop down-
- Foreign company/Partnership firm/ proprietorship/ Private limited company/ public limited company/Unlimited company/ others( If HUF, AOP, BOI and so on)
- Principal place of business
- a) Type Complete Address entering all the red marked mandatory fields.*
- b) Contact information: Type the e-mail address, Landline number and Fax number (if any)
Note: e-mail address given here is to be used for authentication.
- c) Nature of premises mentioned at a)- Select whether the address at a) is Building that is Own /leased /rented/ consent/ shared/ any other case.
- Aadhar details and verification for authentication of the application* :
Tick mark on the left-hand side box to give your permission to the e-Way Bill System/GSTN to get Aadhar details of the Authorised personnel of the organisation from UIDAI for authentication here.
In the given fields below, state all the following with respect to the authorised personnel of the Company/ the Proprietor/ the partner of the firm:
- The Aadhar Number, Name of the personnel and mobile number as per Aadhar.
- Once entered, Click on Verify detail & Send OTP button.
- An OTP is sent to the Mobile number registered with Aadhar of the above-mentioned personnel.
- Enter it and click on Verify OTP
- A message will appear that Your Aadhar was successfully verified.
- Upload: Click on Browse and select valid documents from your system (one for address proof and one for ID proof) in PDF and click on Upload.
- System pops an error message if not uploaded correctly, then make the change to the file accordingly and upload once more.
- If correctly uploaded, then the file name appears on the right-hand side of each field.
- Create Login details* :
- Set a new unique username/ user ID and password.
- Check in case the username you wish to set is already being used or not by clicking on Check.
- Verification *: Tick mark against the declaration confirming correctness of the Information you give and Click Save
- A 15 digit transporter ID will be displayed. The number should be given to the clients for entering it on GST e-way bill and enabling vehicle number to be added to goods movement.
Steps to Register under GST E waybill for “Unregistered Supplier ” :
In case an unregistered supplier supplies the goods to the registered receiver, the receiver of the goods will have to comply with the procedure and he has to generate an e-way bill on the behalf of the supplier. SO the generation of an e-way bill is to be done by the receiver.
Tips for setting User ID/username and password:
- a) User ID must have the following:
- 8 characters but not exceeding 15 characters
- alphabets (A-Z/az), numerals (0-9) and special characters (@, #, $, %, &, *, ^)
- b) The password should be of at least 8 characters
- c) Secure your Username and Password.
Q. Whenever I am trying to register, the system is saying you have already registered, how should I proceed?
Ans : This is indicating that already you (your GSTIN) have been registered on the e-way bill by entering the OTP sent to your mobile or email and created your username and password on e-way bill system. Please use them to log into the e-way bill system. If you have forgotten the username or password, then please use the ‘Forgot Username’ or ‘Forgot Password’ to recollect your username or password accordingly.
Q. Whenever I am trying to register, the system is saying there is no contact (Mobile) number with this GSTIN in GST Common Portal, how should I resolve this issue?
Ans : This is indicating that e-way bill system is unable to get the contact details (mobile number of email address) for your GSTIN from the GST Common Portal(www.gst.gov.in). Please contact the helpdesk (email@example.com). for help.
Q. Whenever, I’m trying to register with my GSTIN, the system is saying ‘Invalid GSTIN’ or the details for this GSTIN are not available in GST Common Portal. How should I resolve this issue?
Ans : This is indicating that the GSTIN entered by you is wrong or your GSTIN details are not available in the GST Common Portal. Please check the number or go to the (www.gst.gov.in) web site and check the details of your GSTIN.
Q. Whenever I am trying to register, the system is showing wrong address or mobile number. How should I resolve this issue?
Ans : This is indicating that you might have updated your business registration details in the GST Common Portal recently. Please click the ‘Update from Common Portal’ button to pull the latest data from the GST Common Portal
Q. I am unable to enrol as transporter as the system is saying ‘ PAN details are not validated’
Ans : This is indicating that PAN name and Number, entered by you, are not getting validated by the CBDT system. Please enter exact name and number provided in the PAN card.
Q. I am unable to enrol as transporter as the system is saying ‘ Aadhar details are not validated’
Ans : This is indicating that Aadhar name, mobile and Number, entered by you, are not getting validated by the Aadhar system. Please enter exact name, mobile and number provided in the Aadhar card.
Q. Whenever, I am trying to enrol as transporter, the system is saying you are already registered under GST system and go and register using that GSTIN
Ans : This is indicating that you are already registered taxpayer and having the GSTIN. You need not have to enrol and go and register on the portal.
Q. Whenever I am trying to enrol as a transporter, the system is saying you have already enrolled?
Ans : This is indicating that already you have been enrolled on the e-way bill by providing your PAN, business and other details and created your username and password on e-way bill system. Please use them to log into the e-way bill system. If you have forgotten the username or password, then please use the ‘Forgot Username’ or ‘Forgot Password’ to recollect your username or password accordingly.
Q. Whenever, I am trying to login the system says ‘Invalid Login…Please check your username and password. How should I resolve this issue?
Ans : This is indicating that you are trying to login to the e-way bill system with incorrect username and password. Please check the username and password created while registering and now being entered. If you have forgotten the username or password, then please use the ‘Forgot Username’ or ‘Forgot Password’ to recollect your username or password accordingly.
Q. Whenever, I am trying to login the system says ‘Your account has been frozen’. How should I resolve this issue?
Ans : This is indicating that your account has been frozen because you might have cancelled your registration or your GSTIN has been de-activated by the GST Common Portal for whatever the reasons. Please visit the GST Common Portal (www.gst.gov.in) to understand the reason for the same.
Q. Whenever, I am trying to login the system says ‘your account has been blocked…Pl try after 5 minutes. How should I resolve this issue?
Ans : This is indicating that you had tried to login to the e-way bill system with incorrect username and password for more than 5-6 times. Hence, the system has blocked your account for security reasons and it will release for your usage after 5 minutes.